A BEST SELLER. Over 25,000 books sold! Learn how to do it right.
“It is very clear and easy to understand.”
A solid reference for experienced gardeners and beekeepers.
A perfect companion for all BeeDiverse products.
It brings a powerful combination of scientific research and practical experience to the challenges of pollination. This illustrated book is intended for gardeners and farmers who want to increase the volume of fruit harvested from their fruit trees and blueberry bushes.
- All about Mason Bees, their life cycle, behaviour & habitat preferences
- What to consider whether you’re buying or building Mason Bee houses
- How to make your own Mason Bee House with simple, inexpensive materials
- How to place Mason Bee Houses in your garden for optimal light and warmth
- Best practices to maintain and increase your Mason Bee population
- Overwintering bees so your population persists from year to year
- Protecting your bees from predators, parasites and pests
- Valuable insights and practical tips from Mason Bee keepers
Author Dr. Margriet Dogterom has more than 20 years experience in apiculture – in both hands-on field work and scholarly research. She created the QuickLock System for Mason Bee houses – specifically designed according to the foraging and nesting behaviours of these bees.
A great gift for gardeners, beekeepers, and aspiring bee enthusiasts.
New! to this 2nd edition:
- Novel ideas and projects
- Chapter on pests, parasites and predators
- Mason Bee Management Chart